We had our journalism-school orientation yesterday and I've finally settled my classes that I will be taking this semester. They are:
1) Fundamentals of Photojournalism
2) International Journalism
2) International Journalism
3) Cross-Cultural Journalism
4) Introduction to British Literature
I'm pretty satisfied with these courses, except for the timetable, but then again, my timetables have always sucked so I'm numbed to them already. Now I just hope Nikki Draper approves some of my course matches. Otherwise you'll see me chionging special sem when I come back in June.
We also went Walmart-shopping today and I finally got some cutlery to eat my foodstuff. And last night Eveline, me and the French girl Cecile went to watch a gymnastics match called Pink Out featuring the Mizzou Tigers against the Iowa State Cyclones. It's kinda funny to hear the Star-Sprangled Banner sung in a small competition like this. Mizzou won by the way.
Anyway, yesterday night was by far the coldest night here for me in Columbia. I think it went to -10 degrees C or more last night while we were walking back from watching the gymnastics match. I nearly frozed my nose off while walking and I have this theory that Asian noses are not suited for cold weather because they are flatter and the chilly wind is more likley to go into the nostrils. Cecile just hooted out loudly when I told her that. But I think it's true, since it always takes me like 10 minutes after I get into dorm to defreeze my nose and get it to start breathing again.
And this morning was freezing as well, so I don't really feel like going out unless I really have to. Hence I am here bumming around the room and doing nothing except slacking. Maybe I'll do a video if I feel ambitious, but maybe I'll just watch the tennis Aussie Open on tv, since my roomie's away to Jefferson City for the weekend until tomorrow. Alright, I am supposed to post some photos of the gymnastics match, so I am going to, although they are not of good enough quality to see the light of the day for me...
It cost us 3 dollars for a ticket, which was cheaper since Cecile got some discount coupons from somewhere.
The Mizzou gym team at work

Eveline and Cecile enjoying the match
Truman the Mizzou mascot. He's named after the US President Truman since he was from Missouri. I think. And the people are known as the Mizzou Tigers here. Which is weird, considering they don't even have tigers here in Missouri.
Lastly, just to give you an idea of how big tigers are in Mizzou. This is my ID card:
Go ahead, laugh all you want. I don't really care.
2 comments:
it's interesting that your student ID card has such a huge tiger on it!
continue enjoying yrself babe, especially photojournalism! sounds splendid!
-su san
Hi Su San!
Sorry I didn't manage to catch you before I left Singapore. Hope you are enjoying yourself too!
Yi Wen
Post a Comment