People facebook or msn in class when they are bored. This is what I did instead. I was so uber bored in class today that I wrote a series of poems in a shot. Not my best, but they are done in less than an hour. Two more days left to the end of this stupid sem.
Just plain bored
In the air-conditioned nation,
Staring at the powerpoint
Yet seeing 7000 miles away
Wondering, imagining
Of barren winter trees and squirrels
Of the painted world map in Laws
Tenses of the confounded past
Le passé composé (ler-pah-seh com-po-seh)
Sounds like an exotic French dish
But is actually as confounded
And idiosyncratic
As grammaire en Anglais
In limbo
I am comfortable and fat,
I am dissatisfied with life.
I am sympathetic, a hypocrite.
I am moving along, never thinking.
I am stuck in the nostalgic past,
I am hoping for a better future.
I am blessed, I am praying.
For the mundane to end,
For life to finally begin.
On my mark
The countdown begins.
For school, exams, and Nepal.
Torture of waiting.
The irony of happiness
I leave the familiar behind,
In search for greener pastures.
I leave the family, safety and comfort,
In hope of finding myself.
In the land of temples, mountains,
Poverty and strife,
I search for happiness.
Just let me get it over and done with already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment